Monday, September 26, 2016

Who the heck is this guy?

In case anyone is wondering what the point of this blog is, mostly it is a way for me to share my thoughts with the world. I'm trying to practice my writing skills, I haven't allocated a lot of time for this, so I'm writing all of these posts in less than an hour. That is a huge chunk of why the posts are all so short.

 So who am I? Professionally I'm a reformed slacker programmer turned mediocre developer aiming to become a decent dev some day. I have however been around for a while and have learned a thing or two, most of them have been learned the hard way. In my free time I like to lift weights in a "powerbuilding" fashion, which takes a lot of the best things from powerlifting and from bodybuilding. I've been on a Paleo diet for about 4 years and have been experimenting with Paleo/Primal Ketogenic diet for a couple of months.

The reason I went Paleo is because about 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and then I came across Dr. Terry Wahls Ted Talk Minding your mitochondria | Dr. Terry Wahls | TEDxIowaCity.

Outside of that I'm a husband, father, fisherman and hunter. I love to get outdoors with my family. I'm also a bit of a lifehacker and a biohacker trying to squeeze as much out of life as I can. I'm a Pluralsight junkie which just plays into my voracious appetite for knowledge. The thing I always need to work on though is putting my learnings to use, but hey everybody needs a hobby.

No comments: