Thursday, June 14, 2018

Missing: Where did I go?

Missing

As many bloggers do, I started out fast, but then started to fade in my blogging.  If you happened to follow me, my apologies.

I have a list of excuses as long as my arm, but the bottom line is I had other things that were more important to me that I needed to work on.

So here's some of what's new.

  • I have another child now for a total of three.
  • I bought a new house and moved cities.
  • I spent about a year as an iOS developer.
  • I was a dev mentor to 2 very talented interns for about 9 months.
  • I started being a Scrum Master.
  • I am now back to being a .NET developer.
  • I'm also looking to get much more involved with DevOps at my organization.


This is not an exhaustive list, but these are some of the big things that happened. It has been an interesting break, and I really do intend to get back to writing some posts.

In retrospect, I think I missed out on some good opportunities to share (and document for myself) a lot of the experiences and lessons that I learned.  With this new set of changes I plan on sharing the lumps I am taking and the things I am learning.  It might not fit the "Coach" style, but hey coaches learn too.

For instance, I am very new to DevOps and at this point, I don't even know where to start.  So, for now, my game plan is to be ambitious and take every assignment opportunity I can get and to read and take training as voraciously as I can.

I have a good number of post that I had drafted but didn't finish during my break so I look forward to finally wrapping some of them up.

If you are reading this, thank you for taking the time.

No comments: